Double Cheese And Ham BrunchFrom jaie 6 years ago
- 16 slices of white bread, crusts removed and cubed (I don't recommend using a Wonder®-type bread because it doesn't hold up well when baked.) shopping list
- 1 pound of ham, cut into bite-size pieces. You can use deli ham and just slice it up. shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 cups shredded swiss chees shopping list
- 5 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt OR a small onion diced shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter. shopping list
- ground pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish, layer half of the bread, ham, cheddar cheese and swiss cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, ground mustard, onion salt or diced onion, and ground pepper.
- Give it a good whisk and pour over the layered mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Combine crushed corn flakes and melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.