Broken Pasta with Shrimp and ZucchiniFrom dsmith0616 7 years ago
- # 1/2 pound pasta (linguine works great), broken into 2-inch lengths shopping list
- # 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- # 1 pound small zucchini, thinly sliced (3 1/2 cups) shopping list
- # salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- # 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced shopping list
- # 1 large jalapeño, seeded (optional) and thinly sliced shopping list
- # 1 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp, halved lengthwise shopping list
- # 1/2 pound thin asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch lengths shopping list
- # 1/2 cup thick plain yogurt shopping list
- # 3 tablespoons snipped chives shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the zucchini, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned in spots, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet, along with the asparagus. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are curled but not cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Add the pasta, yougurt and 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water to the skillet and simmer over moderately low heat, tossing, until the shrimp are cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes; add more of the pasta cooking water if the sauce is dry. Stir in the chives, transfer the pasta to bowls and serve immediately.
The Cookdsmith0616 VA
- Not added to any groups yet!