Merlot Poached PearsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 bosc pears shopping list
- 2 cups merlot wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 stick cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 lemon zest of shopping list
- 1/2 lime zest of shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean shopping list
- 1/2 pint heavy cream gently whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Peel pears without removing stems and place in a deep sauce pan. Bring wine, lime juice, brown sugar, zests, vanilla bean and enough water to cover pears to boil. Pour liquid over pears and simmer very slowly for 15 minutes. Remove pears carefully to a serving dish. Rapidly reduce remaining liquid by boiling down to 1 cup. Pour over pears. Present on a bed of whipping cream sprinkled with cinnamon.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!