Stuffed Garden Bell PeppersFrom jackmuldoon 8 years ago
- 9 green, red, and yellow bell peppers. shopping list
- 2 pkgs Uncles Bens 90 second pouch white or wild rice. shopping list
- 3/4 lbs. ground beef. shopping list
- 2 cans tomato sauce/ 12 ounce or large can 15.?ounce. shopping list
- 1 can of chicken stock, low sodium. shopping list
- 1 pkg. shredded cheese of your favorite. ( I like the Mexican mix for these two recipes) shopping list
- seasonings to suit your taste.(A touch of hot sauce) shopping list
- Optional-1 can red beans. shopping list
- Optional-1 garden fresh hot pepper, but not too hot! shopping list
- For vegetarians, stuff with red beans and rice. shopping list
How to make it
- Slice top off peppers, core and de-seed, Remove inner vanes, rinse and clean.
- Place on cooky sheet and broil on high with a touch of garlic infused olive oil or not, when oven reaches temp.
- No longer than two minutes!
- Remove and let cool.
- Brown ground beef and drain excess fat from pan.
- Cook pouched rice and add to ground beef.
- Add 1/4 can chicken stock and 1 can tomato sauce at this time.
- Add seasonings and taste for flavor, the rice can be pretty bland.
- Simmer for about ten minutes.
- Arrange peppers in 9x12 baking dish and stuff.
- Add balance of tomato sauce and chicken stock around base of peppers.
- Top off peppers with cheese and a spoonful of tomato sauce and bake for about 40 t0 45 minutes. Enjoy!
The Cookjackmuldoon Redford, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!