Spicy Beef CurryFrom teqp 7 years ago
- 1lb - stew meat shopping list
- 1 medium to large onion shopping list
- 1-2 medium size carrots shopping list
- 1-2 potatoes shopping list
- 1-2 jalapenos or serrano chiles (depends on how spicy you like it) shopping list
- 1/2 container of House Brand Kokumaro curry shopping list
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to your taste shopping list
- 10 -12 qt pot or so (I really don't know the size of my pot! :) ) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water and add in beef to cook (You can cook the beef for 10 minutes and drained the water to remove any gunk in the water. If so, re-boil the beef for another 15-20 minutes until the beef is tender.
- While the water is boiling, prepare the veggies.
- Quarter the onion and potatoes.
- Cut the carrots to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Lower the flame to medium-low after the 15-20 minutes.
- Add in the onion and carrots. If you like your carrots a little more firm you may want to add them in later.
- Continue to cook everything for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add in the potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the water level and if it evaporates to above 1/2 inch over the ingredients, you may want to add water. This is up to each person and how thick or thin they like their curry.
- Be careful not to overcook the potatoes as they will break down and thicken the curry as well.
- Next add in the House curry blocks, 3 at a time and stir.
- Check the consistency and if it looks good to you, you can stop or add in the other 3 blocks and stir.
- This takes a while to cook to make the beef tender, but the prep time is quick and clean-up is easy.
- Hope you enjoy!
The Cookteqp 91702, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!