Spicy Mexican burgers with guacamole and salsaFrom kerrymarie 5 years ago
- 400g turkey mince (must be the best quality, or you could try and get a butcher to mince it for you) shopping list
- 1 shallot or small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and very finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika shopping list
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes shopping list
- For the guacamole shopping list
- 1 avocado shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1 lime shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- For the salsa shopping list
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, chopped shopping list
- 120g tinned blackeye beans shopping list
- A splash of olive oil shopping list
- juice of 1/2 a lime shopping list
- A handful of coriander shopping list
- 1/2-1 chilli (depending on how hot you like your food), finely chopped shopping list
- 4 flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded shopping list
- 150g 0% fat Greek yoghurt shopping list
- 1 lime, cut into wedges shopping list
- Jalapeño peppers shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all the burger ingredients together and make into eight patties. Set aside.
- To make the guacamole, scoop out all the avocado flesh and put into a blender with the garlic and lime juice. Blend until smooth and season to taste.
- To make the salsa, mix the tomato and onion with the beans, olive oil, lime juice, coriander and chilli. Season and set aside.
- Heat up a griddle pan. Cook the burgers for about five minutes on each side, turning occasionally to chargrill all over.
- Heat up a frying pan (with no oil) and warm the tortillas through. If using granary rolls, cut them in half.
- Serve the burgers with some shredded lettuce, a dollop of yoghurt, the guacamole and salsa, wrapped in a tortilla or squashed in a roll.
- Serve the lime and the jalapeño peppers on the side for extra flavour and heat.
The Cookkerrymarie Somerset, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!