Creamy Broccoli Cheese SoupFrom cdlsmith 7 years ago
How to make it
- Wash and trim broccoli then cut into bitesize pieces
- Steam broccoli until crisp tender (I do this in the microwave. Put the broccoli and 1/2 cup water in a microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. I microwave mine on high for 5 minutes. Let it set for 2 minutes before you take off the plastic wrap. Be careful when you take off the plastic wrap so that you don't get a steam burn!)
- I a large pot combine the soups, evaporated milk and cheese
- With the heat on low bring this to a gentle simmer. Stir often to prevent scorching. You may need to use a whisk to help break up the cheese.
- Add the steamed broccoli and simmer gently for 15 minutes
- Season with onion powder, garlic powder and pepper.