Bacon Wrapped Grilled Dove breastsFrom xcook 7 years ago
- 30 to 100 fresh dove breasts clean soaked in saltwater shopping list
- Store bought chicken breasts have and can be used. shopping list
- I large can serrano peppers cut in half seeds removed shopping list
- 2 pounds bacon prefer thick slice peppered shopping list
- 2 cans water chestnuts opened and cut in halfs or quarters shopping list
- 1 box tooth picks round shopping list
- salt , pepper, garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- A smoker is best on a good fire around 300 degrees (no direct flame)
- Each breast is filet off the breast bone placed in salt water mixture 3 table spoonful salt in a large bowl allow to stand while you get everything ready then drain.
- Lightly Season the drained breasts with salt , pepper, garlic and mix in the bowl
- Place bacon strips on a prep surface or large cutting board
- Take two filets place the on a bacon strip with one pepper halve and a water chestnut strip
- Roll these in a strip of bacon and secure with a round tooth pick
- If the hunting was good there will be 100 , 30 if your friends cannot shoot
- Place all of these in the smoker, sit back with a cool drink and visit with your friends for 2 hours while they smoke. Savor friends and smoke filled air.
- Bacon should be slightly crisp when these are ready.
- Bobby usually makes our Camp Potatoes in foil placed in the heat end of the smoker they take about two hours also, I will post these Bobby's Famous Camp Potatos later.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- xcook Dallas, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookxcook Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!