Chocolate MuffinsFrom jackkekempsey 9 years ago
- Melted butter, to grease shopping list
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder shopping list
- 60ml (1/4 cup) hot water shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar shopping list
- 1 x 200g container skim milk natural yoghurt shopping list
- 1 x 140g container apple fruit puree shopping list
- 80ml (1/3 cup) reduced-fat milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla essence shopping list
- 50g good-quality dark cooking chocolate (Nestle Plaistowe brand), finely chopped shopping list
- 265g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour shopping list
- 2 tsp icing sugar mixture, to dust shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush twelve 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pans with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Combine cocoa and hot water in a bowl and stir until smooth. Add the egg, egg white, sugar, yoghurt, apple puree, milk and vanilla, and whisk until well combined. Stir in the chocolate until combined.
- Sift flour over the mixture and use a large metal spoon to fold until just combined. Spoon mixture evenly among prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres of the muffins comes out clean. Remove from oven. Set aside in the pans for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
The Cookjackkekempsey Melbourne, Victoria, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!