Yogurt Banana BreadFrom nuggle 8 years ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3 large, ripe bananas, mashed shopping list
- 1/2 cup well-drained yogurt (see note) shopping list
- 4 1/2 ounces unsalted butter at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly butter a standard, 9"x5"x3" loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flours, salt, baking powder and spices.
- In another bowl, mix the yogurt and banana together until well blended. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until light and fluffy. It should take 3 to 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, with the mixer on medium speed and beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add half the flour mixture to the butter, beating on medium-low until blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the bananas and sour cream, beating until distributed. Add in the remaining flour, still stirring on medium-low until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 1 hour and 10-15 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean the bread pulls away from the side of the pan. Cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn out to a rack to cool completely.
The Cooknuggle Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!