Vegetarian LasagneFrom electriceclipse 8 years ago
- 1¼lb/550g pasta verde or 1lb/450g dried green lasagne shopping list
- salt shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1.5kg/3.5lb fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (for the spinach balls) shopping list
- 2 tbsp dried breadcrumbs shopping list
- 150g/5oz fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- nutmeg shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (for coating the aubergines and courgettes) shopping list
- 2 large aubergines, cut lengthwise into 5mm/¼in slices shopping list
- 100g/4oz white flour shopping list
- 2 large courgettes, cut lengthwise into 5mm/¼inch slices shopping list
- 300g/11oz fresh oyster mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms, slices shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley shopping list
- double quantity sugo di pomodoro - tomato sauce shopping list
- 300g/11oz Fontina cheese, cut into chunks shopping list
- 7 eggs, lightly beaten (for assembling the lasagne) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375F/190C/gas5.
- 2. To make lasagne: roll out the pasta dough (if using fresh) on a lightly floured surface to make a single sheet3mm/1/8in thick. Cut into rectangles about 10x20cm/4x8in in size.
- 3. Cook the fresh or dried pasta, adding the pieces one by one to boiling water to which you have added salt and 1 tbsp of oil, to prevent the pasta sticking. Allow 5 minutes cooking time for fresh pasta, 8-10 minutes for dried. Carefully remove the pasta and pat dry on clean tea towels.
- 4. To make the spinach balls: cook the spinach in a little water until tender, drain well and chop finely. Mix the spinach in a little water until tender, drain well and chop finely. Mix the spinach with 1 tbsp beaten egg, the dried breadcrumbs and 25g/1oz of the parmesan cheese. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Using your hands to shape the spinach mixture into walnut-sized balls.
- 5. Heat enough oil to deep fry the spinach balls, until lightly browned on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels.
- 6. To prepare the aubergines: put half of the other 2 beaten eggs in a dish. Dip the aubergine slices into the flour and then into beaten egg. Heat enough oil to deep fry the aubergine, until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels.
- 7. Prepare the courgettes in the same way as the aubergines, dipping them into flour and beaten egg, then deep frying them. Set aside on paper towels.
- 8. To prepare the mushrooms: heat 1 tbsp oil in a separate frying pan, add the mushroom slices and fry briefly. Stir in the garlic and parsley with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9. To assemble the lasagne: put 3-4 tbsp tomato sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish. Cover with a layer of pasta. Next add a layer each of the mushrooms, the courgettes, aubergine and spinach balls. Add some of the fontina cheese. Now add 3-4 tbsp tomato sauce, 3-4 tbsp of the beaten eggs and a generous sprinkle of the remaining parmesan cheese.
- 10. Starting with a layer of pasta repeat the sequence of layers until the ingredients are all used, finishing with a layer of vegetables.
- 11. Bake for 20 minutes. Cut into portions and serve.
The Cookelectriceclipse LONDON, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!