Spicy Oven Fried ChickenFrom mcnuttle 9 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 large chipotle pepper with sauce, minced (add additional pepper for spicier chicken) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 6 chicken breasts with skin removed shopping list
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes shopping list
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme shopping list
- 2 teaspoons oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 egg beaten with 3 tablespoons of water shopping list
- flour for dredging chicken shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, or olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In plastic bag, combine marinade ingredients (buttermilk to salt) along with onion slices and chicken breasts. Marinate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine coating mix (cornflakes to cayenne).
- Place dredging flour, egg wash, and coating mix in separate bowls (or pans)
- Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess.
- Coat each breast lightly with the flour (shake off excess), then dip into egg, and then into coating mix (press on any loose bits).
- Refrigerate for one hour (this step is key).
- Remove from refrigerator and drizzle with butter or olive oil.
- Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 50 minutes (time may vary depending on thickness of breast) until crisp and golden and cooked through.
- Serve hot or room temperature.
The Cookmcnuttle Truro, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!