Seafood Stuffed ZucchiniFrom leigh561 9 years ago
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 pound cooked crabmeat, diced shopping list
- 1/2 pound cooked salad shrimp shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- With a large spoon, scoop out the centers of each zucchini half, reserving the meat.
- In a large bowl, mix about 1/2 the reserved zucchini meat, the egg, crabmeat, shrimp, and garlic. Blend lime juice and lemon juice into the mixture, and stir in the Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Season with oregano, basil, and pepper.
- Arrange the zucchini halves in a medium baking dish. Generously stuff the halves with the crabmeat and shrimp mixture.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and top with cheese. Return to the oven, and broil 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.