Overnight Apple French ToastFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- Overnight Apple French toast shopping list
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoon light corn syrup shopping list
- 2 large granny smith apples shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 9 slices French bread shopping list
- Syrup: shopping list
- 1 cup applesauce shopping list
- 10 ounces apple jelly shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
How to make it
- In small pan cook brown sugar, butter and corn syrup until thick.
- Pour into ungreased rectangular baking pan.
- Arrange peeled apple slices on top of caramel on pan bottom.
- In a bowl beat eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Dip bread slices into the mixture for 1 minute and place bread slices on top of apples.
- Pour any remaining mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Combine syrup ingredients in a medium saucepan stirring frequently until hot.
- Serve over French toast.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!