Apple Lattice PieFrom jjazz_us 5 years ago
- For the pastry: shopping list
- 250g plain flour shopping list
- 125g polyunsaturated margarine shopping list
- 2 tbsp SPLENDA® Granulated shopping list
- For the filling: shopping list
- 6 medium apples shopping list
- ½ tsp grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 20g SPLENDA® Granulated shopping list
- 2 tbsp plain flour shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 10g low fat margarine shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in SPLENDA® Granulated. Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 2 Add enough cold water to form the mixture into a dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes
- 3 Remove from the fridge and on a lightly floured surface roll the pastry out thinly using a rolling pin. Line a 9” shallow, loose-bottomed flan tin with the pastry, reserving the trimmings for the lattice. Chill until ready to use.
- 1 Preheat oven to 230ºC/220ºC Fan/Gas Mark 7.
- 2 Peel, core and cut apples into ½ inch (1 cm) thick slices. Toss with the lemon rind and juice. Combine SPLENDA® Granulated, flour and cinnamon. Stir into the apples.
- 3 Spoon into the chilled pie crust. Dot with margarine.
- 4 Cut remaining pastry into ¾ inch (2 cm) strips. Weave strips on top of pie in lattice fashion. Where the strips meet the edge of the pie, seal by brushing with water and pinching together, trimming any excess with a sharp knife.
- 5 Bake at 230ºC/220ºC Fan/Gas Mark 7 for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180ºC/170ºC Fan/Gas Mark 4 and bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
The Cookjjazz_us JAKARTA, ID
- Not added to any groups yet!