Tamarind-stewed MeatballsFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- ½ pound ground lamb shopping list
- 1/3 pound ground turkey shopping list
- ½ cup chickpea puree (not hummus) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons matzo meal shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine the lamb, turkey, chickpea puree, egg, matzo meal, salt and pepper flakes.
- Mix well by hand (mixture should be loose and moist so that it can best absorb the sauce).
- Shape the meat mixture into walnut-size balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 8 minutes, turning balls ½ way through.
- Combine the tomato paste, tamarind concentrate, lemon juice, salt, and 1 cup water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix well.
- Add the meatballs and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
These sound fabulous!! my husb. loves meat, and I love exotic flavors ie. tamarind. thanks lots!! 555ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
Copy Cat Recipes370 members
Everyday Chefs68 members