Savory Mushroom GravyFrom cyates798 9 years ago
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- Course ground black pepper & salt, to taste shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth, hot - (I used boullion cubes and hot water) shopping list
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced (about 3 cloves) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley, fresh or dry shopping list
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced or 1/2 cup canned mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in skillet on med-high and add flour to make a thin roux. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir constantly to avoid scorching.
- When the roux becomes a nice opaque tan, slowly pour in the broth, whisking quickly as you do this to avoid lumps.
- Turn heat down to med-low and let bubble (not boil) for about 5 minutes, to thicken, stir frequently to avoid scorching.
- Then turn heat to low, cover and simmer about 10 minutes. Keep stirred!
- Meanwhile, melt butter in another skillet and add onion, mushrooms, garlic and parsley.
- Saute until onions are almost transparent.
- Slowly pour in wine and saute vegetables until wine cooks down 3/4 of the way.
- Add vegetables to beef gravy and bring heat back to med, let bubble about 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and serve over your choice.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- beholdthedawn Nowhere, Us
- superfox12082 Somewhere, Minnesota
- kimmikillzombie Nowhere, Us
- Remedy Nowhere, Us
- cyns33 Norton, MA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- trippanera Point Pleasant, UM
- sapa WISC RAPIDS, WI
- teresaandtimk Titusville, PA
- sheilainalaska Fairbanks, AK
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!