Parmesan Alfredo PastaFrom dazed 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) shopping list
- 2 cloves of minced garlic shopping list
- 2 cups of heavy cream shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese shopping list
- additional cheese: mozzarella, asiago, romano (optional) shopping list
- add: cilantro, basil, or scallions to finished product (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium to low heat.
- Add garlic, cream, pepper, salt and bring to simmer.
- Turn down heat if the mix reaches a rapid boil or it could boil over in the pan.
- Add the cheese and continue to simer sauce for 8 minutes or until thick.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring 4-6 cups of water to boil and add pasta. Cook and drain.
- When complete, mix sauce, pasta and enjoy!