Layered Greek DipFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- Pita Crisp: shopping list
- 3 pita pockets, split. shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of garlic minced shopping list
- fresh cracked black pepper shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- Layered Dip shopping list
- 1 8 ounce of cream cheese flavored with chives and onions shopping list
- 1 8 ounce container of hummus (roasted red pepper hummus) shopping list
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded and chopped shopping list
- 3 plum tomatoes seeded and chopped shopping list
- 3 ounces of imported black olives, pitted and chopped shopping list
- 4 ounces of crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 3 sprigs of fresh marjoram, leaves stripped off stems shopping list
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions shopping list
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Split the pita bread, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic and salt and pepper.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and toast lightly in the oven for about 5-7 minutes. Cool and store in air tight container.
- In the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan, spread the cream cheese. Drop the hummus by small spoonfuls evenly over the top of the cream cheese. Spread as evenly as possible. top with the remaining ingredients in layers. Cukes, tomatoes, olives, feta, herbs, green onions and a tiny drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with pita chips.
- “Feasting is also closely related to memory. We eat certain things in a particular way in order to remember who we are. Why else would you eat grits in Madison, New Jersey?”
- Jeff Smith
- 'The Frugal Gourmet Keeps the Feast' (1995)