Cheese Grits Smothered with ShrimpFrom blueeyezz 8 years ago
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3/4 cups of grits shopping list
- 1/4 cup of Boursin Light cheese shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp of olive oil shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1 lb of shrimp (shelled and deveined) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Stir in grits; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Boursin cheese until combined. Cover and set aside.
- While grits are cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add scallions, garlic, and shrimp, then saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook 2 more minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Divide warm grits among 4 shallow bowls. Using the back of a spoon, making an indentation in each serving and top with 1 cup of shrimp mixture.