Buttermilk PancakesFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the griddle to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In one bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar. Then blend these ingredients thoroughly.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, then beat-in the buttermilk and oil.
- Add the DRY INGREDIENTS to the WET INGREDIENTS all at once, stirring until just mixed. The batter should be slightly lumpy.
- If too thick, add more buttermilk to the batter.
- Pour or dip the pancake batter directly onto the oiled, hot griddle and cook until bubbles form on the surface of the cakes.
- Turn the cakes just before all the bubbles pop to cook the other side..
- When the bottoms are browned, remove the cakes to a warmed plate where they may be buttered and stacked.