Creole Corned Beef and CabbageFrom creolestockpot 6 years ago
- 2-3 pound trimmed corned beef brisket (Can be larger ) shopping list
- 2-3 caps of liquid crab boil shopping list
- 1-3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 small onions coursely chopped shopping list
- 6 small onions (quartered ) shopping list
- 6 medium carrots or prepackaged baby carrots shopping list
- 6 potatoes, cut in half (red) shopping list
- 3 turnips, cubed (optional) (Recommended ) shopping list
- 1 small head of cabbage, cut into about 6 wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Place corned beef into a Dutch oven; add just enough water to cover the meat. Add chopped onion, garlic and crab boil. Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour and 40 minutes or fork tender.
- Add all vegetables except the cabbage.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove the corned beef to a plate. Skim the fat off the broth and add the cabbage. Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- While vegetables are being boiled place corned beef on cassorole pan on rack add one beer to bottom of pan springle meat with course pepper and salt lightly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 325 degrees in oven for 35 - 40 minutes
- Drain vegetables add melted butter or margerine as disired over vegetables season with a little black pepper to taste
- Cut the meat thinly across the grain; serve on top the vegetables or on the side.
- special note:
- Use large shallow bowls to serve with with slices on top for best presentation
The Cookcreolestockpot Lafayette, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!