Sweet Potato PieFrom lizziefrog 8 years ago
- 454 g (1lb) sweet potato shopping list
- 115 g (1/2 cup) softened butter shopping list
- 100 g (1/2 cup) brown sugar shopping list
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) skimmed milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 x 9 inch unbaked pie crust shopping list
- OPTIONAL: shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (if adding this, also add 1 tbsp of flour or corn flour) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the sweet potato in it's skin for 45-50 minutes. The longer the better as the skin will just fall off and the stringing will be minimalised.
- Run the sweet potato under cold water to remove the skin and break it up in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Stir in the sugar, milk, eggs, spices and vanilla extract.
- Beat on a medium setting for 2 minutes or until the mix is smooth.
- Pour into the unbaked pastry case and bake for 55-60 minutes at Gas Mark 4 (350 F or 175 C). Test with a skewer that the filling is set.
- Note: The filling will puff up like a souffle, but it will settle down. Also, it's best not to be stingy with the filling!
The Cooklizziefrog Suffolk Sea-Side, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!