Jellyfish SaladFrom annalou 10 years ago
- 1/2 lb Dried salted whole jellyfish shopping list
- 1 1-pound daikon radish shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 large chicken breast shopping list
- 1/2 egg white shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry shopping list
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil shopping list
- 3 scallions shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the jellyfish in a large bowl of cold water for 24 hours changing the water a couple of times.
- Peel the daikon with a vegetable peeler; slice thinly; stack slices and cut into matchstick shreds.
- Put into a mixing bowl toss with the 2 teaspoons of salt and let stand 1 hour.
- Meanwhile drain water from jellyfish. Pour boiling water over the jellyfish and let stand for 15 seconds.
- Drain and run under cold water.
- Set aside.
- Bone the chicken breast and slice thinly; cut slices into shreds.
- Mix chicken with the egg white cornstarch and teaspoon of sesame oil; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating cut jellyfish into the thinnest possible shreds by rolling up each sheet and slicing it thinly.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Wring most of the moisture from the daikon shreds; add to the bowl with the jellyfish.
- Heat 3 cups water in a saucepan.
- When boiling turn off the heat and add the chicken shreds stirring to separate the pieces. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain and add to the bowl with the jellyfish.
- Blend the salt and sugar with the wine until they dissolve.
- Heat the oils in a saucepan and add the seasoned wine. It will sputter and evaporate.
- When the oil is hot++don't let it smoke++turn off the heat and add the scallions. Cool. Toss with the salad just before serving.
The Cookannalou Mill Valley, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!