Dare Devil Egg Salad SandwichFrom jaie 6 years ago
- 6 large eggs, hard cooked, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 green onion, thinly chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lime juice shopping list
- 6 roasted chilies (poblano) or whole green chilies shopping list
- 4 slices sourdough bread shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- To roast chilies:
- Slit poblano chilies along 1 side and discard seeds.
- In a 10X15-inch pan, lay 6 poblano chilies in a single layer.
- Broil 4-inches from heat, turning often, until skins are charred on all sides, about 10-15 minutes.
- Set aside until they are cool enough to handle.
- When ready, peel chilies and discard skin and stems.
- Slice into strips.
- In a bowl, combine hard cooked eggs, mayonnaise, onion, lime and cumin.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- When ready to eat:
- Lay bread slices in a single layer onto a baking pan.
- Bake at 450° for 5-7 minutes. Depends on how toasted you like it.
- Remove and turn bread over.
- Top equally with chilies, egg salad and shredded cheese.
- Broil 6-inches from heat, until cheese is melted. About 3-4 minutes.