SPICY HOT EGGPLANT SAUTEEFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 lb eggplant shopping list
- vegetable oil (preferably peanut oil) shopping list
- 2 tblsp shredded pork shopping list
- 1 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger shopping list
- 5 to 7 diced chili pepper shopping list
- 1 tblsp cooking wine shopping list
- 1 tsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tblsp shredded bamboo shoot shopping list
- 10 straw mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tblsp shredded black fungus shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp minced green onion shopping list
- 1 tblsp of a thick mixture of cornstarch and water shopping list
- 1 tsp glazing oil shopping list
How to make it
- Partially peel the skin off the eggplant lenghtwise. Cut the eggplant into finger-size strips. Deep fry in oil until slightly brown. Drain. Set aside. Heat wok for 20 seconds. Add 1 T oil, shredded pork, minced garlic, minced ginger and the chilis. Stir 10 seconds. Add wine, soy sauce, bamboo shoots, straw mushrooms adn black fungus. Stir and flip the ingredients in the wok several times. Add stock, vinegar and green onion. Simmer 20 seconds. Add cornstarch mixture and glazing oil. Flip ingredients to blend in the thicken cornstarch and to spread glazing oil. Serves 4.
- Spicy Hot Eggplant Sautee includes a glazing oil that can be used on many stir-fry dishes. To make the glazing oil, simmering about a cup each of ginger and green onion trimmings in 1 gallon of vegetble oil for 30 minutes. Strain the ginger and green onion from the oil which should be put in a dark, well-sealed and clean glass container. The oil should be keep in a dark, cool place for a couple of months.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!