spinach dipFrom stoneyusmc 6 years ago
- 1/4 pound butter shopping list
- 1 cup onion minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup celery , minced shopping list
- 2 TBSP garlic . Minced shopping list
- 1 TBSP parsley, dried shopping list
- 2 TBSP basil, dried shopping list
- ! TSP Whole thyme shopping list
- 1 TSP salt shopping list
- 1 TSP black pepper shopping list
- 1 TSP cajun seasoning ..your favorite or I'll post his later shopping list
- 2 TBSP All purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 10 Oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained shopping list
- 2 dashes pepper sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a 2 quart sauce pan, melt butter on high heat.
- when melted add bubbly, add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic.
- Saute for 5 minutes or until onions are clear.
- Add parsley, basil, thyme, salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning. stir well
- add flour and stir in till well blended. Add heavy cream and whisk until mixture begins to thicken.
- cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat , stir in pepper sauce and allow to cool at room temperatures.
- for cold dip refrigerate for 6-12 hours. serve it hot form the pot. or let it cool to refrigerate. freezes well