Its A Meal Spinach Artichoke DipFrom lesliegw 7 years ago
- 2 (10-ounce) packages fresh spinach, well rinsed and stems trimmed shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup 1/2-inch cubes rindless Brie (If you can't find rindless, just buy it with the rind, and cut it off - remember that you lose a little cheese if you have to do this - and you don't want to scrimp on the cheese) shopping list
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack shopping list
- 1 (6 1/2-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (I use 2 jars) shopping list
- 4 strips bacon, fried crisp, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
- garlic French bread, toasted and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch round chafing dish and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the spinach in batches and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and refresh under cold running water. Squeeze to remove all excess water and chop. Set aside. In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, to make a light roux, about 2 minutes. Add the milk and cream in a steady stream, and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cooked spinach and lemon juice, and stir to incorporate. Add the cubed and grated cheeses, artichoke hearts, and bacon, and stir well. Remove from the heat and pour into the prepared dish. Top with the Parmesan and bake until bubbly, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot with fresh, toasted garlic bread.
The Cooklesliegw Sugar Land, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!