CLAM SOUP WITH POACHED EGGSFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 quart clams. shopping list
- 3 cups milk. shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- 1 slice onion. shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter. shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour. shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper. shopping list
- Few gratings nutmeg. shopping list
- Whites 2 eggs. shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and pick over clams, using three-fourths cup cold water; reserve liquor.
- Put aside soft part of clams;
- finely chop hard part,
- add to liquor,
- bring gradually to boiling point,
- strain, then thicken with butter and flour cooked together.
- Scald milk with onion,
- remove onion,
- add milk cream and soft part of clams to stock; cook two minutes.
- Add seasonings, and pour over whites of eggs beaten stiff.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
great 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it