Wine marinated steaksFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 4 New York Rib-eye or sirloin, 3/4-inch thick shopping list
- 2 cups your favorite Cabernet wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons rosemary, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or sea salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- Sun-Dried Tomato Butter: shopping list
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- For marinade:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together red wine, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, red pepper, kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place steaks in large zipper lock bag.
- Pour marinade into bag and push the air out and seal.
- "Squish" marinade around to thoroughly cover steaks.
- Place into a dish, in case of leaking, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Make sun-dried tomato butter:
- Put sundried tomatoes into food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add unsalted butter, kosher salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill steaks:
- Remove steaks from marinade and discard marinade.
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels so that they will carmelize when cooking.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill steaks over direct high heat for 6-8 minutes, until medium-rare, turning once halfway during cooking.
- Allow to rest a few minutes and top with pats sun-dried tomato butter.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!