Cajun Style Stuffed PeppersFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 6 large green bell peppers shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- 3/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 1/2 links of andouille sausage, diced shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 lemon - cut into wedges, for garnish (optional) shopping list
- Louisiana-style hot sauce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8x12 inch baking dish. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Blanch in boiling water 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent. Stir in garlic, and season with oregano, Creole seasoning and black pepper. Stir in shrimp and sausage, and cook until shrimp turns pink, 5 minutes. Stir in rice, and cook 1 minute. Pour in chicken broth and tomato sauce. Cook until thick, 15 to 20 minutes. Fill peppers with stuffing mixture, and place in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through. Serve with lemon wedges and hot sauce.