Sweet Potato PiesFrom henrie 8 years ago
- sweet potato Pie shopping list
- This one makes 3 9" pies shopping list
- 9 medium sweet potatoes or yams (about 4 -5pounds) shopping list
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg &1 teaspoon of cinnamon shopping list
- 3 eggs, well beaten shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Crust: 3 unbaked 9" single crusts from the dairy or frozen
- section .graham cracker ,or homemade
- For filling, wash sweet potatoes well,place in large pot skin
- on, boil the sweet potatoes until tender, peel and mash.
- Heat oven to 350:.
- Combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt and nutmeg
- in a large bowl.
- Beat at med. speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in sweet potatoes until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs.
- Beat in milk and vanilla slowly.
- Spoon into 3 unbaked pie shells, using about 4 cups per shell.
- Bake at 350: for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Cool to room temp. before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.