Vegetable Pasta SauceFrom chicagojd 7 years ago
- 6 oz. (1.5 sticks) butter shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2.5 cups carrots, diced shopping list
- 2.5 cups celery, diced shopping list
- 2.5 cups onion, diced shopping list
- 2 large cans (28 oz. each) crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1.5 tablespoons dried parsley shopping list
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 1 tablespoon hot water (to thicken) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large pot on medium-low heat. Add garlic and pepper and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add carrots, celery and onion. Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are semi-translucent and tender (not crisp).
- Stir in tomatoes, including juice, and parsley and sugar. Turn heat to low and let simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and simmer 5 more minutes. Taste and adjust spices and/or sugar. Mix corn starch and water and gradually stir into pot until slightly creamy (may not need all of mixture). Stir and cook a minute or two longer.
- Serve on thin spaghetti or capellini.
The Cookchicagojd Chicago, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!