Swiss Turkey in Sherry-sour-cream SauceFrom hollyeats 7 years ago
- 4 thick slices raw turkey breast shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 2 cups sliced raw mushrooms (wild if you can get them) shopping list
- 2 shallots, chopped finely shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced chicken broth, OR shopping list
- 1/2 cup water + 1 chicken boullion cube shopping list
- 1 1/2 TBS flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary shopping list
- Fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup real sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet and brown the turkey slices BRIEFLY on each side (they should still be pink in the middle).
- Remove slices from skillet and place in a fairly deep greased oven-proof pan big enough that they do not overlap.
- Add a little more butter, reduce heat and saute the mushrooms and shallots until the mushrooms have given up their juices and the juices have evaporated.
- Deglaze the pan with sherry, stirring to get up all browned bits.
- Whisk the flour into the cooled chicken broth and add to the pan, stirring well until liquid is thickened.
- (Alternatively, if using a bouliion cube, stir the flour into the water and crumble the cube into the hot liquid.)
- Season to taste with pepper, extra salt only if needed, and rosemary.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream, blending well.
- Place pan back on the stove and heat sauce through, stirring, but don't let it boil.
- Pour the sauce over the turkey slices and place in a preheated 350° for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly on the sides and turkey is cooked through.
- Serve over hot rice and serve a colorful vegetable such as carrots or broccoli.
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!