Chunky Pasta With Sausage Tomatoes And CreamFrom loulou 7 years ago
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound italian sausage, sweet or spicy (add ½ teaspoon crushed Italian red pepper if using sweet sausages) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped into ½ inch chunks shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 28 ounce can whole Italian plum tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- ½ cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 pound chunky pasta such as penne, rigatoni, farfalle or fusilli shopping list
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn up into small pieces shopping list
- freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage and crushed red pepper, if using and sauté until sausages are no longer pink, breaking up into chunks, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté 3 minutes.
- Pour canned tomatoes in a bowl and crush with clean hands to create a nice, even, chunky texture.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and cream to the skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture thickens a bit, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving about ½ cup pasta water, then return the pasta to the same pot.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and toss over medium heat, adding reserved cooking liquid in ¼ cup increments if it seems too dry.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with the torn basil leaves.
- Serve, passing the grated Parmesan separately.
The Cookloulou FR
- Not added to any groups yet!