Baby Greens with Fabulous Maple Salad DressingFrom lynzi 9 years ago
- 1 Container of fresh washed baby salad greens or a Spring mix shopping list
- approximately: shopping list
- 1 C. sliced fresh strawberries or seedless grapes halved. You may also like Mandrin oranges. shopping list
- 1/2 C finely Julienned carrots or grated carrots shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 C. sugar glazed pecans, walnuts or almonds shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/4 C. mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 to 4 T. champagne vinegar (or left over white wine) shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 C. Canola or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 C. pure maple syrup shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- Whisk together or shake in a jar to emulsify. shopping list
- (With the nuts, I usually make at least a cup and a half because of all the munching that goes on before the meal or by my husband, anytime!) shopping list
- candied nuts shopping list
- 1 1/2 C. pecans, almonds or walnuts or a mix shopping list
- 1/2 C. sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C. water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg (optional) shopping list
- Place all ingredients in a heavy or iron skillet and cook over medium heat until the water evaporates and the nuts have a sugary appearance. Pour onto a greased baking sheet and separate nuts quickly with a couple of forks. Cool. Store (yeah, right!) covered in the fridge or freeze. shopping list
How to make it
- Place fresh cold greens in a pretty bowl or on individual salad dishes. Top with fruit, drizzle with dressing and top with the nuts.
- Serve and listen to the yummmmmmms!
- If you must add cheese, a bit of shaved ir grated fresh Parmesan would be fine with this salad.
The Cooklynzi Shallowater, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!