Mango and Mascarpone CheeseTartFrom mansibshah 7 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temp shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla essence shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 package mascarpone cheese (or light cream cheese) shopping list
- sugar - to taste if needed shopping list
- 1 cup mango puree shopping list
- 2 fresh mangoes - cut into thin slices or pieces (canned mango slices will work too) shopping list
- 1 tsp cardamom powder (optional) shopping list
- 5-6 saffron strands shopping list
How to make it
- You can buy the ready-made pie crust from the market, or even use the small mini-tart foil containers to make your work easier. Below you'll find a recipe that I used for my crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. In another bowl, blend butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla essence and beat well. Add flour mixture slowly and blend just until mixed.
- Do not beat too much; this has to be thicker than a cake mix.
- Roll the dough into a disk using a rolling pin and some oil and flour, into a small disk the size of a cake.
- Now cover and refrigerate for a little over an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. remove the dough from the fridge and place on a lightly-dusted pizza pan. Pizza pan has no edges, hence it is easier to remove the crust after it is baked. You can use a regular tart or pie shell if you are comfortable with those.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Allow the crust to cool down to room temperature. (Crust can be made a day in advance also and kept.)
- Combine the mango puree and the mascarpone cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and saffron, then mix well and spread the mixture on the cooled crust.
- Arrange the mango slices on the top. Freeze it again, and transfer from the freezer to the refrigerator an hour before serving.
- Cut the tart into small triangular pieces. You can garnish each serving with whip cream and raspberries or cherries if you want.
- Tip: The saffron and cardamon added a subtle flavor that went well with the mango. You can omit it from the recipe if you want, but I'd urge you to give it a try!
The Cookmansibshah Fremont, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!