Ostrich Steak with Brandy and mustard sauceFrom rodge 9 years ago
- 4 (6 - 8 oz) Ostrich steaks shopping list
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- sea salt and cracked black pepper shopping list
- 2 banana Shallots (Finely diced) shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic puree shopping list
- 1/4 Litre apricot brandy (reserve 1 tbsp) shopping list
- 1/3 Litre Demi glace sauce (Buy a carton, it's easier...) shopping list
- A little chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tbsp Mild Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard shopping list
- 2 Large plum tomatoes (Skinned, Seeded and diced.) shopping list
- 2 tbsp Finely shredded parsley shopping list
- 25g Diced cold butter shopping list
How to make it
- Reduce the Brandy with the shallot and garlic by 4/5ths. Add the mustard and demi glace sauce to the Brandy syrup and bring to a gentle simmer, season lightly and keep warm.
- Heat the oil until in a frying pan, season the Ostrich with cracked black pepper and a little sea salt and fry over a medium to high heat for 2 - 3 minutes, turn over and repeat. Set aside to rest.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the reserved Brandy and stock and pour into the sauce.
- Whisk the butter, piece by piece into the sauce to give richness and gloss. Plate the steaks and spoon the sauce over.