Simple Butternut Squash SoupFrom michael 9 years ago
- 1 butternut squash - Peeled and diced (keep these - you might like to roast them and add them in as a garnish). shopping list
- 1 Large white onion - Peeled and roughly diced. shopping list
- 1 Medium Red Chilli - Finely diced, with seeds if you want. shopping list
- 2-3 cloves of garlic - Peeled and diced. shopping list
- 1 vegetable stock Cube. shopping list
- Salt&black pepper to taste. shopping list
- olive oil. shopping list
- 700ml boiling water. shopping list
- 1 Handful of large watercress leaves (optional). shopping list
- A Dash of Cream/yoghurt (optional). shopping list
How to make it
- Over a medium heat, add a dash of oil and sauté the onion for 4-5 minutes, or until it starts to clear.
- Add the garlic and chillies, and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the Butternut Squash, and sauté for a further 3 minutes. Get the kettle boiling.
- Add the water and crumble in the stock cube.
- Over the medium heat, this should come back to the boil fairly quickly. Reduce the heat to leave it gently simmering. Partially cover, and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes (until the squash is soft), stirring occasionally.
- When cooked, take off the heat and blend.
- Add a good whack of freshly ground black pepper, and a touch of salt to taste.
- Serve! I feel it's good enough like this, but some like it creamier. You can add a dash of cream or yoghurt at this point and, if you fancy it, dress it with the watercress (I think the peppery taste compliments the mellow squash nicely). Mmmm.
The Cookmichael Harpenden, GB
The Rating5 people
I love butternut Squash and loved this recipe
I made it last week and I have been asked to make it again
Thank You Michaelpsy333che in Long Branch loved it
oh! will try this, thanks! ^_^nemo in Italy loved it
I just made this for dinner.
I have to say that it is absolutely fantastic!
I LOVED it and so did everybody else, this will definitely be made again.
Thanks for a wonderful recipe Michael!nemo in Italy loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!