Easiest Collard GreensFrom cathymt 9 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse greens well, pick out any bad leaves and remove stems. From this point you can wilt your greens two ways. One, stuff a small pressure cooker with as many greens as you can fit and pour in 1 cup o fwater. Cook for 5 minutes. Let cool in a sink of cold water before opening. Be sure pressure cooker is completely cool before removing lid to avoid steam burns.
- If you don`t have a pressure cooker you can use a pot on your stove top.
- Fill pot with desired amouont of greens, pushing down to tightly pack. Add just enough water to barely cover greens. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- After cooking your greens with your desired mithod drain well in a strainer. Heat about 4 tablespoons oil (you can use more or less depending on the amount of greens in the pan) in a large skillet over medium heat. Add greens to skillet and cook until heated thooroughly. Add salt to taste. Serve hot.
- If desired you can add chopped bacon, sauteed onions and garlic, and other spices after greens are fried for more flavor and variety.
The Cookcathymt Rexford, MT
- Not added to any groups yet!