Flank Steak BavarianFrom janend 5 years ago
- 1 flank steak shopping list
- 1 cup shredded raw potato shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped pimiento shopping list
- 1 teaspoon parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 1/2 can onion soup shopping list
- flour shopping list
How to make it
- Score flank steak on each side.
- Combine potato, onion, green pepper, pimiento, parsley, and salt.
- Spread on steak and roll up from narrow end.
- Tie securely or fasten with wooden picks.
- Brown in shortening.
- Pour off drippings, add soup, cover, and simmer until tender for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove steak to heated platter.
- Remove string or picks before serving.
- Add enough water to cooking liquid to make 1-1/2 cups.
- Thicken with flour for gravy.
- Slice to serve.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Note: This is the recipe exactly as printed, however, I use olive oil instead of shortening. I also usually put the entire can of onion soup in. It's a forgiving recipe.
The Cookjanend City, North Dakota
- Not added to any groups yet!