Sweet and Zesty SirloinFrom susana 9 years ago
- Sweet and Zesty sirloin shopping list
- 1-cup Heinz 57 steak sauce shopping list
- 2-tbspn Heinz catsup shopping list
- 1-tbsp granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-tbsp gray Poupon herbed vinegar (balsamic vinegar will work too) shopping list
- 2-tspn grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/4-tspn red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4-tspn salt shopping list
- 1 1/2-lbs boneless sirloin steak (about 3/4-in thick) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all the ingredients except the steak and stir until well blended. Put steak in a large zip lock bag and pour marinade over. (Reserve about 3-tbspn for serving later.) Squish around to thoroughly coat the steak. Let marinate from 10 minutes to 2 hours. When ready to cook, preheat broiler and coat broiler rack with non-stick cooking spray. Remove steak from marinade and place directly onto the broiler rack. Broil for 5 minutes on each side for medium well doneness. (You can adjust the time to the doneness you prefer.) After cooking, remove steak to a cutting board and let rest for 3-5 minutes. Slice steak diagonally and spoon reserved sauce over top.
- Note: I made stuffed potatoes and broccoli and cheese to go with ours. I also used my stove top cast iron grill for the broiling - just used it under the broiler instead of on the stove top. Love those grill marks. I’m a “stickler” for things to look pretty and smell good BEFORE I taste them. Then - if they taste good too; I’ve got a “keeper”.
- It has been a good week in the kitchen for me. I prepared several “old” recipes and had excellent with the new ones I tried. I think this is a “keeper” too. Hope someone else will try it and enjoy it as we did.
The Cooksusana Mandeville, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!