Orange Breakfast RollsFrom cookiewoman 7 years ago
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 and 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegitable shortening shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons grated orange rind shopping list
- 6 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In medium sauce pan, stir together the orange juice, butter or margarine, orange rind and 2/3 cup of the sugar. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a flat baking dish.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the remaining sugar and the cinnamon.
- In a seperate large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Cut in shortening until the mixture is like coarse sand. Pour in milk all at once and mix lightly. Divide dough into two parts. Pat out dough on a floured board into two rectangles about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture evenly over the dough. Roll the dough as you would for jelly rolls. Cut each roll into 12 slices. Arrange on orange mixture in baking dish, cut side down.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
The Cookcookiewoman Convoy, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!