Green EnchiladasFrom pyseas 7 years ago
- 1 pound (about 14) fresh tomatillos, or 1 (16-ounce) can shopping list
- Boiling salted water shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 (2-ounce) bottle TABASCO® brand Green Jalapeño pepper sauce (1/4 cup) shopping list
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 10 to 12 corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded queso blanco or monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- If using fresh tomatillos, remove husks and rinse tomatillos; cook in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until softened; drain. Place tomatillos in a food processor container with onion, TABASCO® Green Sauce, cilantro, and chicken broth; process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatillo mixture and cook 5 minutes or till slightly thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- To make enchiladas, dip each tortilla in sauce and place about 2 tablespoons chicken across middle; roll up and place seam-side-down in a 13x9-inch baking dish. (If sauce is too thick, thin with a little more chicken broth or water.) Heat remaining sauce and pour evenly over enchiladas in baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with additional sour cream, if desired.
The Cookpyseas CA
- Not added to any groups yet!