Garlic Mashed PotatoesFrom vino4dino 6 years ago
- For the Creamy garlic Mashed Potatoes: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds idaho potatoes, peeled and large diced shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- For the Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook, turning occasionally, until the garlic caramelizes, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, chop and return to the pan. Add the cream and warm over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the potatoes, 1 teaspoon of salt, and enough water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil and cook until just fork tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain. Return to the pan and cook for 1 minute, mashing with a heavy whisk, over medium heat. Add the hot garlic-cream mixture, and mash until smooth. Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the white pepper, mixing well. Cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
The Cookvino4dino Baltimore, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!