Nabeyaki UdonFrom chang8317 7 years ago
- 4 servings boiled udon noodles shopping list
- 4 chunks chicken thigh shopping list
- 8 cubes of dried tofu shopping list
- several shiitake and enoki mushroom shopping list
- 6 stalks of chinese bok choy shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 negi/leek shopping list
- 6 cups dashi soup (or make with 6 cups water + 1.5 tbsp dashi pellet) shopping list
- 1/3 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 4 1/2 tbsp mirin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- Other desired toppings favorite toppings (tempura, mochi, etc...) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop bok choy into 2 inch lengths
- Dice the negi into small circles
- Boil bok choy for two minutes and cool in water and drain well.
- Mix dashi soup stock, soy sauce, mirin, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- Divide the soup into four individual earthen pots and cook on medium heat.
- Add chicken in the soup and simmer.
- Add the mushroom, tofu, and bok choy to the pot, simmer about 5 min
- Add udon noodle in the pot and simmer for 5 min
- Crack an egg in the soup and add negi.
- Cover with a lid and stop the heat and let it steam.
The Cookchang8317 San Jose
- Not added to any groups yet!