Curried Nut RoastFrom lorenzo2004 9 years ago
- 5oz (150g) hazelnuts, roughly chopped shopping list
- 3.5oz (100g) walnuts, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 14oz (400g) tin chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tsp (10g) mild curry powder shopping list
- a pinch of dried sage shopping list
- a pinch of dried thyme shopping list
- a pinch of dried parsley shopping list
- 1 medium egg, beaten shopping list
- 0.5 cup (0.25) pint hot vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- half a green pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- half a red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Begin by heating a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan, to a medium heat, and frying the onion and peppers for 6 minutes.
- In a food processor, whizz the nuts until they are very finely ground up.
- Add the thyme and sage to the hot stock and allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Grease a loaf tin, and add the nuts. Next, stir in the chopped tomatoes. Add the cooked onions and peppers. Stir in the curry powder.
- Mix in the egg.
- Mix in about half of your herby stock (making sure you get most of the herbs in there!). You want your nut mixture to be really good and moist, but not too sloppy. Finally, mix in the dried parsley.
- Bake your nut roast in an oven which has been heat to 180c (gas mark 4) for 45 minutes. You want the roast to have a good firm crust be still moist on the inside.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- lorenzo2004 Cardiff, GB
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklorenzo2004 Cardiff, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!