Spinach cheese ballsFrom recipediva 8 years ago
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen spinach shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 cups All Purpose flour shopping list
- vegetable oil, for deep frying shopping list
- 3/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 (25.5 ounce) jar pasta sauce, heated, your favorite. A veggie sauce would be good as well. LIke mushroom, green pepper, garlic, onion etc.. shopping list
How to make it
- Remove frozen spinach from pouch; place in colander.
- Rinse with warm water until thawed; drain well.
- Squeeze spinach dry with paper towel.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix egg, both cheeses, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, sour cream, oil and ricotta cheese until well blended.
- Add spinach to cheese mixture; mix well.
- Stir in flour, 1 cup at a time, until well blended.
- Fill 10-inch skillet half full with oil; heat over medium heat until candy/deep-fry thermometer reads 350°F (or use deep fryer, add oil to fill line and heat to 350°F.)
- Place bread crumbs in small bowl.
- Shape spinach-cheese mixture into 1-1/2 inch balls (about 40), using about 1-1/2 tablespoons for each; roll in bread crumbs and place on cookie sheet.
- Fry (6) balls at a time for 4 to 6 minutes, turning as necessary, until golden brown.
- With slotted spoon, remove balls from skillet; place on paper towels to drain.
- Cool 2 minutes before serving; serve with warm pasta sauce for dipping.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
i must say this sounds so yummy and much better than just plain fried cheese. cant wait perfect movie night snack food thanks....maywest in Tangerine loved it
I made them, amazingly yummy ;)Blush in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!