Lemon Curd And Orangeflower SpongeFrom vivian 8 years ago
- 340g lemon curd (see my home made Farmhouse lemon curd) shopping list
- 1 lemon, sliced into 10 shopping list
- 120g butter shopping list
- 120g caster sugar shopping list
- Zest and juice 1 lemon shopping list
- 1½ tbsp orangeflower water shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 200g SR flour shopping list
- 80g cornflour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- orange flower water Substitute ( I have not used this substitute) shopping list
- 1 large orange, zest of, grated shopping list
- 1 cup sweet white wine shopping list
- Soak grated zest (be careful not to grate the bitter white pith) for 24 hours in the wine. shopping list
- Strain before using. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to GM5/190’C/375’F.
- Line 2 18cm sandwich tins with baking parchment paper.
- Spread the base of one tin with 1/3 of the lemon curd.
- Arrange the lemon slices in a circle overlapping on top.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, add zest and lemon juice also orangeflower water.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Sieve together the flour, cornflour and baking powder and fold into the cake mixture.
- Divide between the 2 tins and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Divide each cake in half and spread all the layers except the one with the lemons on it with the rest of the lemon curd.
- Put back together with the one with the lemon slices on the top.