Turkey With Apples And Brandy SauceFrom mkhs1974 6 years ago
- 1 lb. turkey or chicken, cubed shopping list
- 4 T. flour shopping list
- 1 t. mild curry powder shopping list
- salt & white pepper shopping list
- 5 T. butter shopping list
- 4 apples (Granny Smith, or similar), peeled, cored and diced shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced shopping list
- 2 shallots, or 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 T. calvados (or other apple brandy) shopping list
- fresh thyme shopping list
- lemon or lime juice shopping list
- 1 c. half-and-half shopping list
- 8 T. thickened turkey or chicken stock shopping list
- 8 T. water shopping list
How to make it
- Put flour, curry powder, salt and pepper in a plastic bag.
- Add the cubed meat and shake the bag until all pieces are covered with flour.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet. When the butter stops foaming, put in the turkey or chicken pieces and stir fry them until golden brown all over.
- Add the apples, celery and onions to the meat. Slowly fry for a few minutes. Add the apple brandy, the thickened stock and water.
- Cook the mix for about four minutes, then slowly add the half-and-half. Stir the mix and let simmer slowly until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add lime or lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a preheated platter and garnish with thyme. Goes well with white rice or a crispy, buttered baguette.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- mkhs1974 Monterey Park, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔